SLIM RUNWAY HYBRID WATCH
DESIGN TASK / ChALLENGES:
- How can we EVOLVE the existing Michael Kors watch line with a hybrid module for the Market?
- How can we introduce connected accessories to the customer? Is there space between traditional and full touchscreen?
TECHNICAL / RESEARCH:
- Who will be using the Michael Kors hybrid watch?
- What kind of functions will the user need/want/use/customize?
- The hybrid module will connect to any Smartphone running the Michael Kors app-- will this be easy for the user to setup?
- What kind of battery life does a hybrid watch have?
- Will the new hybrid module cause the watch to be too thick for the user's wrist?
- What price point is appropriate for the user?
- FUTURE: Will this overlap other developing Michael Kors accessory? (Future hybrid jewelry, future traditional watches, etc.)
RESULT / FINISHED PRODUCT:
- Pairs with Smartphone app (Android or Apple) for the user to customize watch functions.
- Firmware updates through the app.
- Activity tracking, sleep tracking, no charging required, wireless syncing, multiple time zones, photo remote, music/media controls.
- Keeping within the appropriate price point for the user.
- Live product page here: https://access.michaelkors.com/hybrid.html
- Online reviews were generally positive, but mentioned 42mm size was slightly too large and masculine.
- Do we have an opportunity to revisit with a more feminine solution for the user?